Catastrophic accidents in recent years as the example in the Gulf of Mexico show, that Functional Safety plays an essential role for the process industry sector. Already since several years the application standard IEC 61511 exists to describe the required measures for risk reduction by the use of electric/electronic/programmable electronic systems.
SGS-TÜV Saar provides a full range service package for the process industry sector, starting with trainings to complete certifications.
Here an extract of our portfolio:
- Trainings in the use of IEC 61511 (for application engineers and operators)
- Workshops in probabilistic calculations and methods
- Consulting for implementing necessary engineering steps according the lifecycle model of IEC 61511
- Gap analysis to existing development processes
- Design verification of safety instrumented functions (SIF) according the requirements of IEC 61511
- Assessment of performed design verifications resulting in a technical report
- Assessment of the implemented safety process steps
- Certification of engineering processes and applications according IEC 61511
Experts with longtime experience in the process industry sector will update you to the current state of the art in safety engineering/operation and will check your safety designs.
Put us to the test!
Tel. +49 89 787475 – 274